7 Signs Your Hormones Are Out Of Balance
If you ended up here reading this post, you probably are curious whether you have a hormonal imbalance.
Well, if you aren’t sure if your hormones are out of whack, this article should help you determine if they are to blame for your symptoms. Hormones are tricky business. If your hormones aren’t right they can affect you mentally, physically, and emotionally. The body is miraculous and very intricate so there must be a balance to function optimally. If your hormones get off kilter so does everything else. So how do you determine if there's something wrong with your hormones? Here are seven signs that might signal that your hormones are out of balance.
1. Fatigue. Are you unusually tired for no good reason? Do you lack the get-up and go no matter how well-rested you are? Pay attention to your body and how it is feeling and functioning daily. It is normal to feel tired now and then but to lack the energy to do everyday tasks is a red flag something is off with your body.
2. Sugar Cravings. Do you have a major sweet tooth? Are you craving that sugar rush after every meal? Are carbs your go-to food source? Sugar cravings are a major indicator that your hormones are off. The body does not need sugar. It can become an addiction.
3. Bloating. Do you constantly feel bloated? Bloating is not the norm and you shouldn’t except it to be. If you are feeling bloated frequently, something is off.
4. Belly fat. If you gain weight in your belly this is a big marker that your hormones are to blame. Belly fat is the most dangerous kind of fat because it is surrounding your organs. Your hormones are telling your body to store fat and this is no good.
5. Weight-loss Resistance. If you can’t seem to lose weight not matter how hard you work out, and how clean you eat, there is an issue. You are most likely insulin resistant and this is why you can’t seem to shed the pounds.
6. Anxiety or Irritability. Are you on edge all the time? Do you overreact to everyday situations and problems? You shouldn’t feel anxious and irritable on a regular basis. This is signaling an imbalance.
7. Trouble sleeping. If you can't seem to catch a wink despite your best efforts to get a good night’s rest, your hormones are most likely to blame. Hormones play a major role in regulating your sleep.
If you suspect that your hormones are out of balance I would consult with your primary care doctor. Ask them for a referral to an endocrinologist who specializes in the metabolism and hormones. An endocrinologist should investigate what is going on by running a thorough panel of blood work.
Pin for later >>>
The items listed above are accompanied by affiliate links, meaning I earn a small commission if a purchase is made through my links. This has no impact on the cost to the consumer. I link to products this way whenever possible, and it has no bearing on the products I choose to review or recommend.