Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
When I want a little something sweet, I make cinnamon and brown sugar roasted chickpeas. You get the hint of sweetness, but they also pack a protein punch! Besides, tasting delicious, they are also low in calories and have the added benefit of fiber. While chickpeas are a form of carbohydrate, they are a complex carbohydrate, which means they break down more slowly and won’t cause blood sugar spikes. The great thing about roasted chickpeas is that you can season them any way you want. The possibilities are endless! Let me know if you like this recipe because I will be more than happy to share another variety that I love!
- 1 Can of chickpeas
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Truvia Brown Sugar Blend or Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado or Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with paper towels.
- Arrange chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Coat the chickpeas evenly with the avocado or olive oil (I prefer avocado oil because it has a high heat resistance compared to olive oil).
- Sprinkle the chickpeas with the cinnamon (you can certainly be generous and use more than a tsp if your heart desires).
- Sprinkle the chickpeas with the Truvia Brown Sugar Blend or regular brown sugar.
- Roast them in the oven for 30 minutes, making sure to flip them at 15 minutes, so they roast evenly.
They are best served and eaten right out of the oven! You can eat them the next day, but I find there not as crispy and tasty.